Worried about a child
or need some help?

Click here

Do you need some help?

Do you need some help?

If you’ve got a problem or are worried about someone you know, it can be hard to know what to do to make the situation better.

Are you worried about:

  • abuse
  • bullying
  • family problems
  • alcohol or drugs
  • gangs
  • abusive relationship
  • school
  • county lines
  • sexual exploitation
  • physical health
  • mental health

Are you afraid to talk to anyone about your worries because you:

  • are embarrassed
  • are worried people may not take you seriously
  • don’t trust anyone enough to talk to
  • think people won’t understand

It can be hard to talk about your feelings, but some problems won’t go away if you ignore them. Talking to somebody can make you feel better and help make the situation better.

Could you talk to:

  • a close friend
  • your parent or carer
  • another family member
  • a doctor
  • a youth worker
  • a social worker
  • a teacher
  • a school nurse
  • a police office

In North Yorkshire there are number of organisations that you can contact if you are needing immediate help because you’re in danger and also services who can help you make the situation you are experiencing better:

North Yorkshire Police

If you or somebody you know is in immediate danger you should call 999. Should you need to report a crime or incident that does not require an immediate response call 111.

Visit North Yorkshire Police website

North Yorkshire County Council

NYCC have a number of services which can help you and are obliged to make sure you are protected against harm. If you have an urgent safeguarding issue call 01609 780780.

Visit NYCC website

Crisis CAMHS

If the situation is a mental health crisis then you can speak to the CAMHS crisis teams in your local area.

Hambleton and Richmondshire:
0300 0132000 (Option 6), 7 days a week, 24 hours
Harrogate and Ripon:
01423 544335, 7 days a week, 10am:10pm
Selby and Easingwold:
01904 615348, 7 days a week, 10am:10pm
Scarborough and Ryedale:
01723 346502, 7 days a week, 10am:10pm
01723 346502, 7 days a week, 24 hours
01274 221181, 7 days a week, 24 hours

Further information on Crisis CAMHS


For advice and support to children and young people. Phone 0800 1111 or visit the ChildLine website.

Visit Childline website

Compass REACH

A free, confidential health and wellbeing service for children and young people in North Yorkshire who need support with issues related to drugs, alcohol, mental health and / or sexual health.

Visit Compass REACH website

Compass BUZZ

Compass BUZZ has a text messaging service for young people aged 11-18. Young people are able to text 07520 631168 regarding any Mental Health and Wellbeing issues and receive advice Mon-Thu 9am:5pm & Fri 9am:4.30pm.

Visit Compass BUZZ website

The Samaritans

Confidential helpline for young people experiencing feelings of distress or despair call 08457 90 90 90.

Visit The Samaritans website


A children’s charity that gives practical advice to young people about bullying and keeping safe

Visit Kidscape website